FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Fishkeeper
Are Gorilla glue and/or Superglue safe to use for CPs? Not on the plants themselves, to hold containers together. I assume they are, since they should be inert when set and can be used underwater, but I want to be sure.
Also, what about casting resin? I have some of the two-part stuff that you can coat things in to seal them or embed small objects in.
By Jaws
I would use the safe silicone for fishtanks.
It can act as a glue.
By Fishkeeper
I have some of that, but it says "not for use below the water line", and this is going to be in a water tray. Does that mean "don't apply underwater", "don't submerge before it cures", or "will leach weird things if submerged after it cures"?
By Adelaide
100% type I (NOT TYPE II!!!) Silicone is safe to use underwater after it cures. That is what dart frog viv builders use (dart frogs are very delicate as they absorb everything through their skin). If you are still worried about it you can use aquarium silicone, though as far as I know it is just price marked up type I silicone.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
By Adelaide
Chemically, type I releases ascetic acid (vinegar) as a byproduct and type II releases ammonia. You could also use zip ties.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
By Hungry Plants
I worked in the aquarium field for years. Tank silicone is just expensive silicone 1

I'm planning on converting my current 2'x4' into[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!