FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By hollyhock
Okay experts I need tips and advice :D I am going to attempt to grow Drosera linearis and the seeds require cold stratification. I have performed this process will S. Purpurea seeds but never with drosera seeds. Is the process the same? What are the time frames for keeping them cold? What's the chance of fungus growth and can I do any preparation to prevent it? I really want to be successful with this new adventure into growing Drosera linearis.. Thanks
By Shadowtski
This Spring, I was experimenting in germinating my Drosera seeds in water. I put seeds in distilled water filled test tubes. Then I stratified my temperate species for 8 weeks by putting test tubes in a refrigerator. At the end of this period, I put the test tubes out side and everybody germinated within a few weeks.

That's my 2 cents worth.

I bought some D. linearis seeds also. I am going to keep them in their package this winter and stratify them (in test tubes) starting March 1st, 2017. May 1st, 2017 I'm going to put them outside (If it's warm enough) and see what they do. I want them to grow in sync with Wisconsin weather and keep them outside year round once they germinate.

Good growing,
Mike
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!