FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Hey all,

I've been noticing that my VFT recently has had little puffs of cobwebs inside one or two of its traps. I've read about how horrible spider mites are, so I'm kind of scared if I'm starting to get a spider mite infestation.

I'm in Georgia in a 7b zone, so it's been 90 degrees and humid+rainy outside everyday, so I'm not sure if it's spider mites since I hear they like it hot and dry.

I DO notice single silk strands across my plants in the morning, connecting my VFTs to my sarracenia and other plants, as if spiders are traveling around, so I'm wondering if it's just a spider chilling inside my trap at night?

I don't see any damage to my plants and it's still putting out big new traps everyday so far.

Picture of what I see:

The plant itself:

By Cryosis7
Check the underside of the leaves for reddish dots - that's what my spider mites looked like, despite not getting any of the webbing you've got.

Honestly it wasn't as bad as everyone rants about. Once you know you've got them, it's a straightforward process to remove them.

I sprayed with neem oil and kept the plant quite humid since they hate that. After 2 weeks or so the spots were still there but they were all dead.

The photos are the only evidence I had that I had a problem, they didn't move when looked at. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nikson liked this
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!