FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Daniel_G
Ok, so basically, I'm curious.

My brother tried this at college, and what I did is a variation. Basically, I crouched down, breathed in and out very deeply for 30/60 seconds. Then stood up, put my thumb in my mouth, closed my eyes, and blew for as long as I could.

Anyway, so the first time I tried it I was at a get together. We all though it would be a bit of fun. I wasn't properly unconscious I don't think, but I had the most weird feeling ever.
I stared at one of my friends (A girl, which makes it a bit worse) for I don't know how long, it felt like I was in a dream. And I was trying to remember who all these people were, and what had happened. I'm not sure if I got over that properly before I tried it again, and I still can't remember the conversation during which I decided to try it the first time.
The next time, I crouched and breathed deep for a minute.
I can remember my brother giving me a timer, but remember nothing of most of the countdown. I remember putting my thumb in my mouth, and that's it. I honestly have no idea why I did it twice, but I'm told my brother said to do it.

Anyway, after that, I was on the floor, being slapped in an attempt to wake me. Then I laughed really Psychotically for a while.

In the time I was out, I'm told I lowered myself slowly, and that my legs were shaking too. Everyone, apart from a girl I know fairly well was laughing. She however was very disturbed by it, and really didn't want me to try it again.

Anyway, whilst it was the most surreal feeling, I was left fairly spaced out for the rest of that day. I was detached from the world, and slightly shaken.

Anyway, this has been in my mind a lot for a while. Partly because it upset one of my friend, and partly because I really don't like not knowing what happened, even if it is my fault.

Anyway, are there any side effects to this, and what are the chances that I had a seizure? I've looked for information, but can find none. Does anyway have any experiences of this either?

Thanks,
Dan
By Matt
Found a bit about it here:
http://writersforensicsblog.wordpress.c ... -out-game/
and here:
http://chokinggame.net/chokinggame.htm

Quote from the first blog:
When someone purposely hyperventilates by breathing rapidly and deeply for a minute or so they are increasing their oxygen and pH levels while lowering their CO2 levels. This in turn suppresses the need to breathe. This can lead to a period of slow or absent respiration, which tends to continue slightly longer than is needed. This overshoot is part of virtually all biological feedback systems. This can result in a rapid drop in blood oxygen levels to the point that the victim loses consciousness.

This drop in blood oxygen level is more dramatic and more rapid than is the restoration of normal CO2 levels that would accompany a cessation of breathing. This means that by the time the CO2 levels reach a point where they again drive respirations, the oxygen level has fallen very far. This is what leads to loss of consciousness and death. Or perhaps survival with permanent brain damage.

If you, or anyone you know, has children who are playing this game, it’s time to sit down and have a chat. This is basically Russian Roulette where the bullets are the oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in the blood.
I'd have to strongly suggest that you not do it ever again, and if you see someone attempting to do it, you try your best to stop them.
Matt liked this
By bananaman
You probably did o unconsious, but I doubt you had a seizure.

One of my friends had a seizure and reported similar symptoms, like being spaced out, forgetfulness etc...

However, this can also happen when you go unconsious.

Have a good day and don't do that again!
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!