FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By IBurke
Alright so the traps that i have fed with pincher bugs have started to turn brown and black, but the trap i put a spider in is fine... is it ok to feed the plant pincher bugs?
By Sky924
I think so,, but if the traps are turning black,, most times they do that. I have VFTs that i fed the traps sealed and before they opened they turned black. I just cut them off. If you have any doubts,, "well Doc when i do this it hurts,, the doctor says, well dont do that" LOL. If a certain type of insect your plant enjoys and can handle no problem. But if you fed it another type and the traps do not respond well,,I would not feed it those insects again. I am sure in nature there are insects that are not good for VFT's. Life in the wild is an arms race. If it is an insect that would not naturally be eaten by a VFT or one that is not native to its natural habitat. I would avoid feeding that type to a VFT. Flies and crickets you cant go wrong as long as they are not larger than one third the trap size.
By dantt99
Was the pincher bug completely sealed in the trap, or was part sticking out? Also, after how long did it turn black? The leaf may have just been old, and ready to die, or it couldn't digest the pincher bugs... A pic would be nice :)
By victor
okay. Then you should be fine now. :D
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!