FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Bradari
partisangardener wrote:it is your Cephalotus und always handling it again is the worst method.
Thats what I said you were right,

but it’s my fault I was ignorant of the possibility that it is just a male-female misunderstanding. Maybe you just wanted to moan about what fate has befallen your Hope Cephalotus and maybe you wanted to be comforted and then, I dump male come along with solutions and definitions.

While you were politely ignoring my clumsiness I rudely insisted that there are already the best solutions and explanations served, and you best leave your precious plant alone like you intended.

On top I supposed that you might be a layman, what ignorance.

I agree I am guilty and won’t bother you again with plain facts and definitions, I am completely wrong (whatever I say must be wrong).
Sorry I am only a handicapped human, a male and even discussing not in my native language
Fare well and all the best to hope.
How about we just agree that we both got off on the wrong foot here. I do appreciate your wanting to.help me and hope and i do appreciate your info and input.
I appreciate everyone's help that is why I come here. I did not want this post to turn sour like it did.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
By AdamK
You can take cuttings the bits under the medium surface that people call "roots". I am no botanical expert but a rhizome is a specialized underground stem. It has nodes. Nodes can produce stems, leaves, and roots. I don't think a root in a "botanical sense" has nodes so you cannot take a cutting from a root.

Think root ginger, it is not a root but a rhizome but it is called root ginger.

So in all the texts that you have read when they say root cutting, they have incorrectly called it a root when it is a rhizome - but everyone knows what bit of the plant they are talking about.

Cheers Adam
steve booth liked this

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!