FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By thenewwwguy
So my ceph doesn’t look too hot. I’m getting some sulfur fungicide but it won’t come for two days and i’m wondering why the leaves are yellowing and if it’s due to the mold. If not, what is causing it and how do I fix it?

PS. It’s in a south facing window but it’s fall in Portland Oregon :/

i’m going to get some lighting to brighten it up but that probably won’t come for another week or two: what should I do in the meanwhile?
Attachments:
1B5F0F1E-7D6A-4EBB-A848-2AC341B78AA1.jpeg
1B5F0F1E-7D6A-4EBB-A848-2AC341B78AA1.jpeg (2.47 MiB) Viewed 1579 times
By riveraXVX
it could just be those leaves time to go, I struggled with powdery mildew at our house when we first got ours, it took me forever to get it figured out with them we used neem oil to clear it up, we mixed up a sulfur based spray to clear it up, the biggest issue for us was top watering in a mix that was not super well draining and lack of airflow a small fan a few times a day over them, and we water from the bottom now LED bulb in a reflector over them now indoors with occasional fan and ours are once again thriving it just took.....a while

yours still look vaaaaastly better than ours did at their worst.
By riveraXVX
other peoples advice to me which I have unfortunately still not taken is that if you put them in much deeper/larger pots it helps also, other than that more air circulation or a more airy medium

I have ours under lights and use a fan over them randomly throughout the day and they have all been growing well again it took months to get us there
By foxceph
Ceph grower since 1978 here :ugeek:

If you have difficulty growing Cephs, IMO they need in order of importance
1. Light - lots of it - 16 hours
2. Warm daytime temps - about 20-24˚C
3. Cool nights - about 10˚C
4. Airy/dryish soil mix near its crown - top 2" - wetter mix below
5. Damp not wet soil - water from the bottom only and after it has taken up as much water as it needs, leave the tray dry.
6. Some humidity - 60-70%, but with moving air, so use a gentle fan/open a window.

If on the other hand you have no problems, carry on doing what you're doing ;)

I find that different clones have different needs, my Hummers, Dudley Watts, German Giant and Typical aren't too fussy for me, but Big Boy for some reason likes a different setup - more light and air movement.
foxceph liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!