FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By balaji hustler
Hey folks I ordered a pack of Carolina reaper seeds from ebay and I sowed the seeds a week back. How long does it takes for these chilli plant to sprout ?. if u guys share some pics if Carolina reaper seedlings it will be very useful for me and I'll know wat to look for :). cause rite now all thats sprouting is bunch of weeds
By balaji hustler
I live n india and most of our cuisine r spicy and da recipes always has lotta chilli in it :). So I Cant wait to taste the hottest chili in the world :D . And most of all I need to find what all these hype is about for myself :geek:
By bvalente
balaji hustler wrote:Hey folks I ordered a pack of Carolina reaper seeds from ebay and I sowed the seeds a week back. How long does it takes for these chilli plant to sprout ?. if u guys share some pics if Carolina reaper seedlings it will be very useful for me and I'll know wat to look for :). cause rite now all thats sprouting is bunch of weeds
I am not sure if I'd trust Carolina reaper seeds off eBay seeing how it is a relatively new pepper. I would rather get them right from the source. However, all of my peppers have sprouted within 4-8 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By balaji hustler
Well I had that taught and the seller claims its the real deal . I cant do anything now except to wait .and if it turns out to be something other than Carolina reaper, then I might have to get the seeds from smokin ed's.
By Maiden
Nice :)

I got a bag of carolina reaper seeds here, i will sow them next spring. The folks on TheHotPepper forum are so generous with me! I will follow this thread with interest ;)
By bvalente
Maiden wrote:Nice :)

I got a bag of carolina reaper seeds here, i will sow them next spring. The folks on TheHotPepper forum are so generous with me! I will follow this thread with interest ;)
I am a member on that forum as well :lol: I honestly do not visit it that much, maybe a couple times a month in all honesty. I have been growing my Habaneros and Jalapeños hydroponically and used the forum just to make sure my setup was good and advice. Now my Habs are going to be blooming soon so I am interested back into the site for some salsa/hot sauce/ seasoning recipes :geek:

I got a 600w MarsHydro LED grow light on the way and am very interested to seeing how much it helps compared to the 2ft 4bulb t5 they are under right now.
By Maiden
balaji hustler wrote:Haha ur welcome maiden . Btw a bag of Carolina reaper seeds ? Were did u get it from ?
A givaway from a friend on thehotpepper, he sent me 7 pod brainstrain, peach and chocolate bhut jolokia, trinidad moruga scorpion, carolina reaper, red savina habanero, bhut orange copenhagen and some others i dont remember. I will have enough seeds for a while !
bvalente wrote:
Maiden wrote:Nice :)

I am a member on that forum as well :lol: I honestly do not visit it that much, maybe a couple times a month in all honesty. I have been growing my Habaneros and Jalapeños hydroponically and used the forum just to make sure my setup was good and advice. Now my Habs are going to be blooming soon so I am interested back into the site for some salsa/hot sauce/ seasoning recipes :geek:

I got a 600w MarsHydro LED grow light on the way and am very interested to seeing how much it helps compared to the 2ft 4bulb t5 they are under right now.
I never tried hydro culture, i have to :)

Like you im on that forum for tips and info about my culture. Also i have a carnivorous plants thread out there :)
By katya_dog1
Maiden, you need to try hydro. My basil plant grew like mad all year. Here is a pic of the roots, note flytraps in the background. ;)

Balajii, sorry for the thread hijack. I just like seeing what other people are doing with hydroponics.
Attachments:
017.JPG
017.JPG (521.37 KiB) Viewed 5234 times
By Maiden
Wow

This is a HUGE roots system. How much money i will have to spend for a beginner setup ? I have 0 experience. Also, what are the advantages of hydroculture?
By katya_dog1
For a beginner system? $0 except fertilizer. You are in Canada I notice, but you ought to be able to get the stuff I use. As to the advantages of hydroculture:

The reason hydroponics is a more efficient method of obtaining nutrition and higher yields, is that there is not work to be continually done, other than checking on the plants. With the use of computerized systems it is possible to do no work at all, no weeding, no fertilizing, no watering. As long as the nutrient solution is maintained, and the plants checked on, the work is all done by a pump, with no human intervention. There are, of course, ways to use hydroponics with no electricity, though making growers take a part in the watering. Hydroponics can be used with solar panels and windmills, using alternative energy instead of other power. There is no need for gas or oil. The water is continually recirculated in a closed system, only stopping its use when the nutrients are used up, and then it can be dumped on soil crops. The amount of water used is astoundingly less than soil, because it does not seep into the ground past the plants’ roots. The nutrient solution can be exactly formulated for each plant, from tomatoes to peppers to greens. This exact formulation enables growers to get the highest yields out of each plant, with no nutrients wasted, for each plant has all it needs and no more. The plants do not have to grow huge root systems, for they receive all the nutrients directly, with no conversion done. The space differential is also enormous, with half the space being needed to grow the plant, compared to growing in soil. In soil growing, each plant must be spaced out enough so that they do not have to fight for nutrients. In hydroponics, there is no fighting for nutrients, so each plant can be packed into a tighter space.
By katya_dog1
Also, that system was made of completely 100 percent recycled materials. The grow medium to stabilize the plant is gravel from an old aquarium, the 'net pot' is an old margarine container w/ holes drilled in it, and the container with the nutrient solution is an old coffee container.

Alright, I will now just take this to another thread, balajii. Again, sorry for the hijack. :)

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!