FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By bvalente
Maiden wrote:Wow

This is a HUGE roots system. How much money i will have to spend for a beginner setup ? I have 0 experience. Also, what are the advantages of hydroculture?
It's an easy setup to do, I made my entire system from Home Depot and Walmart for 30$ total! Really easy! Depending on your type of plant will depend on how big your reservoirs needs to be. You then fill the water up so it's barely touching the bottom of your container to hold the plant. Fill the container holding the plant with some hydroton or something non organic and place your plant in it. The idea is the roots grow through the media into the water. Mix a batch of nutrients (it needs micro nutrients because there is no soil and then your normal fertilizers. I use a brand called EZ-Grow), mix them to the appropriate ratios. Get a air pump you can use for fish, run some tuning into the water to provide the roots oxygen, plus it circulates the nutrients. And boom there you go Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bvalente liked this
By katya_dog1
You use EZ Grow? How does it work? And, to add something to what bvalente said, you do not have to use an aerator.

It is called the kratky method. You just let the water level be four inches below the bottom of the net pots, therefore letting the roots get oxygen.
By balaji hustler
Haha katya its aite . Every one here hav the seeds but not the plant !. So I don't think ill get any tips . And ever since I ordered the seeds from ebay im not sure its a Carolina reaper cause u know its a new species.i got to say im not excited as I was n da beginning
By katya_dog1
Yeah, so many people on ebay sell because they can get away with it.
Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!