Carnivorous Plants books (and other media)

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones
nesler

Carnivorous Plants books (and other media)

by nesler » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:40 am

I'm always a sucker for a good list of resources to refer to. I recently posted a thread inquiring into the possibility of a list of sellers and reviews of those sellers. Another thing that I think is always good to have is a list of resources. This forum, other forums, and google are a huge help. But sometimes it's nice to have a good book to refer to.

So, if people have books to recommend, or have found works in the public domain that are useful, link'em. :)

I'll hit things off with a rather old, but perhaps interesting piece of literature: Insectivorous Plants, by Charles Darwin. It's available for free on the Project Gutenberg in a number of different formats right here. Sometimes it's interesting to see someone's observations when they start at the beginning, and laboriously pick out little bits and pieces of information...

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Carnivorous Plants books (and other media)

by Matt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:47 pm

There are several others that are quite good out there. Here are the ones that I have in my collection:
"Insect Eating Plants" - Adrian Slack
"Carnivorous Plants" - Adrian Slack
"The Savage Garden" - Peter D'Amato
"Carnivorous Plants of the United States and Canada" - Donald E. Schnell
"Growing Carnivorous Plants" - Barry Rice
My Growlist
Eat Plants! Leave the meat for our pet plants :)

Veronis
Super User

Re: Carnivorous Plants books (and other media)

by Veronis » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Matt wrote:There are several others that are quite good out there. Here are the ones that I have in my collection:
"The Savage Garden" - Peter D'Amato
"Growing Carnivorous Plants" - Barry Rice

Above are the two I'd recommend (and in that order - the Savage Garden is the best carnivorous plant book for the hobbyist that I've ever read).

This one is new and I don't know much about it: "Carnivorous Plants of the United States and Canada" - Donald E. Schnell

Return to Venus Fly Trap General Discussions