FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By David F
Just put in a large order (6 is pretty large for me) their 3 for 18 rhizome special. Two orders of this and 50 dollars later, I've still spent less than 2 carnivorous plants that are light deprived in the nursery at out State Capital.

The plants are their choice and will likely be dormant, it's probably gonna be awesome, it's like a mystery box... kinda! :D not sure when they will be here, but I've got some soil to get ready for them :)
David F liked this
By DTDream18
I don't want to rain on your parade David F. but my last few orders from Carnivorous Plant Nursery were really disappointing. So much so that I won't order anything from them again until I start reading some positive reports. They used to ship terrific plants. My last order of medium B52's cost a fortune and were about the size of large seedlings.
By Matt
Please let us know how you like the plants David. I haven't ordered from CPN in a few years now, but I was pretty happy with my plants when I did. Their prices are a bit high for the size of the plants I got, but I too got a deal on them, so they weren't outrageously priced.
By David F
Huh alright. I'll let you guys know and try my best to provide descriptive pictures.
By David F
Well because of how late it is, and how tired I'm feeling, I'm not going to post pictures, but I thought I should let you guys know, my order turned out great!. Instead of six I got something like 8, and some of them are actually quite large with multiple divisions! It was packed with some high quality LFSM which I can always use. One gripe I might have is that the species is not listed, so it could be anything.

The rhizomes are dormant, and the pitchers have been cut, and tiny pitchers are grown, however you can tell the ones from earlier must have been quite large. :)

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!