Carnivorous Plant Bog Garden

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps
Jon

Carnivorous Plant Bog Garden

by Jon » Sat May 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Hello,
I am thinking of buying some Drosera Rotundifolia here in Canada, I am wondering if you anyone woudhow big the Sundew will get when it is a Mature Adult?
Also I am thinking of making a "Natural Bog" for Venus Flytraps and Sundews and I want to make it as natural as possible so I was also wondering which kinds of Sundews are found to be growing with Venus Flytraps in the wild? Also are thier any pitcher plant species that would grow naturally in the same area as VFS?

If anyone knows let me know

Jonathan

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Carnivorous Plant Bog Garden

by Matt » Sat May 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Drosera rotundifolia is a fairly small plant. It stays low to the ground and gets to be 5cm or 6cm across I think.

As far as sundews that grow with VFTs, I know that D. intermedia grows fairly close to it in the wild. I think D. filiformis does as well. Virtually any temperate Drosera can be grown with VFTs outdoors. Another good one to consider would be D. anglica.

I don't know what species of Sarracenia grow naturally in the same area as VFTs, but almost any Sarracenia can be grown with them.
My Growlist
Eat Plants! Leave the meat for our pet plants :)

Aging_Bourbon

Re: Carnivorous Plant Bog Garden

by Aging_Bourbon » Sun May 23, 2010 1:45 am

Matt wrote:As far as sundews that grow with VFTs, I know that D. intermedia grows fairly close to it in the wild. I think D. filiformis does as well. Virtually any temperate Drosera can be grown with VFTs outdoors. Another good one to consider would be D. anglica.

Matt nailed it! If you wanna build a bog. Make sure you use temperate CPs together don't mix tropicals in.
Allen, (aka allenc666)

Return to Venus Fly Trap Care Questions