FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Wow! It has been far too long since I've posted here!! Moving to Missouri from Oregon has turned into a ton of work, but the future is very bright for FlytrapStore! The flytraps and pitcher plants absolutely love it here. They grow far faster and are much larger and healthier than they were in Ashland. There are tons of bugs to eat and the humidity and temps are higher here south of St. Louis...all good things!

I significantly expanded my Venus flytrap collection this winter with a couple of big imports from the EU. I'm really loving the plants I got from Carnivoria and this one, All-Red Werewolf Clone B, is probably my favorite out of the 30+ plants. I hope you all enjoy it too! I'm trying to get it propagated and distributed in the US. It's definitely a unique plant, unlike any other flytrap in distribution on this side of the pond right now!!

Hoping to get back on the forums regularly again after this summer and the big greenhouse construction. We're permitted to begin construction now but unfortunately, the concrete guy we had lined up bailed on us so we're looking for a new one. If we can get started soon, we should have a nice new greenhouse up by fall...fingers crossed!
Carnivoria All-Red Werewolf clone B
Carnivoria All-Red Werewolf clone B
AR-Werewolf-cloneB-smaller.JPG (1.2 MiB) Viewed 4229 times
AR-Werewolf-cloneB-2-smaller-filesize.JPG
AR-Werewolf-cloneB-2-smaller-filesize.JPG (1.3 MiB) Viewed 4107 times
AR-Werewolf-cloneB-3-smaller-filesize.JPG
AR-Werewolf-cloneB-3-smaller-filesize.JPG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 4107 times
AR-Werewolf-cloneB-4-smaller-filesize.JPG
AR-Werewolf-cloneB-4-smaller-filesize.JPG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 4107 times
Panman, MosquitoTrap, oval and 11 others liked this
By Matt
Panman wrote:Welcome back, Matt. We have missed having you kicking around here.
Been missing you all as well! I've been hoping that things will slow down a bit so I can spend more time doing things I enjoy, like contributing here and chatting with my friends, but not just yet. I think by next year we'll be more settled though. Does moving to a new place with a business really take over a year to get settled?! I have no frame of reference for such a thing.
Panman wrote:That is a beauty of a flytrap!
100% agree! I was super excited to be able to get it here in the US. People in the EU have always been way ahead of us in terms of breeding new flytrap clones. I'm hoping that someday we can catch up! If we keep importing new genetics, we stand a chance, haha!!
thepitchergrower liked this
By Carnies
i might pass out it looks so menacing. Yea welcome back Matt! We all miss you! Hopefully I can get my hands on one of 'em soon!
Matt wrote: Hoping to get back on the forums regularly again after this summer and the big greenhouse construction. We're permitted to begin construction now but unfortunately, the concrete guy we had lined up bailed on us so we're looking for a new one. If we can get started soon, we should have a nice new greenhouse up by fall...fingers crossed!
We're just going through a house remodel!
Matt liked this
By Dan V
Wowzer - impressive flytrap Matt! Propagate that bad boy!
Sorry to hear of the concrete delivery problem - bummer - hard to find good help.
Will work for traps - lol
Matt liked this
By Ewreck
Do different companies come to some sort of an agreement to sell other companies clones of plants? Like how California carnivores sells FTS clones or other people selling green jaws clones etc? Or is it just as long as you give it the label of the original producer?
By Matt
Ewreck wrote:Do different companies come to some sort of an agreement to sell other companies clones of plants?
There are a few patented plants out there, but I don't believe any Dionaea are patented. And there isn't any sort of written code as to what people are supposed to do about selling other people's plants.

I take it as a compliment if someone is selling FTS cultivars. The fact that they thought highly enough of them to want to sell them makes me happy! But others do take offense to people selling plants they selected and named, so it really comes down to the individual grower.

The only thing that bothers me is when people drop the full name on our plants (i.e. call 'FTS Maroon Monster' just Maroon Monster). Out of respect, and to be technically correct to avoid confusion, the names should always read how the grower who selected and named them chose! There are some cultivars out there named the same name (i.e. Titan) and the only way to distinguish them is with the prefix (i.e. "GJ Titan" and "BCP Titan").
Dan V, MikeB liked this
By ChefDean
Matt wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:12 pmThe only thing that bothers me is when people drop the full name on our plants (i.e. call 'FTS Maroon Monster' just Maroon Monster). Out of respect, and to be technically correct to avoid confusion, the names should always read how the grower who selected and named them chose!
^^^^THIS!!!
I just posted about this the other day. I have a VFT "Trigger Happy". It was labeled with the prefix of the seller, but the seller confirmed that it is originally from FTS stock. He knowingly dropped FTS and put his prefix on.
Fricken bullspit man!
Sundews69, thepitchergrower, Matt and 1 others liked this
By ChefDean
Matt wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:38 am Wow! It has been far too long since I've posted here!! Moving to Missouri from Oregon has turned into a ton of work, but the future is very bright for FlytrapStore! The flytraps and pitcher plants absolutely love it here. They grow far faster and are much larger and healthier than they were in Ashland. There are tons of bugs to eat and the humidity and temps are higher here south of St. Louis...all good things!

I significantly expanded my Venus flytrap collection this winter with a couple of big imports from the EU. I'm really loving the plants I got from Carnivoria and this one, All-Red Werewolf Clone B, is probably my favorite out of the 30+ plants. I hope you all enjoy it too! I'm trying to get it propagated and distributed in the US. It's definitely a unique plant, unlike any other flytrap in distribution on this side of the pond right now!!

Hoping to get back on the forums regularly again after this summer and the big greenhouse construction. We're permitted to begin construction now but unfortunately, the concrete guy we had lined up bailed on us so we're looking for a new one. If we can get started soon, we should have a nice new greenhouse up by fall...fingers crossed!
Absolutely no need to apologize for anything. You have a business to run and parents to take care of. Well, not really the parents thing, your dad takes care of your mom, and he's still a spry guy, but you're there just in case.
It's really Leah that we should all be in awe of. Taking care of you, wiping your chin, making sure you drink all of your juice box. :lol: She's got it under control.
Panman, MikeB liked this

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same th[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!