FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post any care guides or tutorials here.

Moderator: Matt

By Randall
I was wondering, and guessing, why do we not have a sphagnum moss care guide? I would like to see one as I am having trouble with mine. Any guides or just tips would be great! I do think there are very talented people who could put a guide here for sticky. Thanks for the help in advance.
By erikHIplants
I have found they prefer slightly cooler temperatures, higher humidity (80%+) and decent airflow. Where I am, I believe that they higher humidity plays an important role in keeping the ends from drying out.

This is just my two cents from what i've experimented with. When I first got my live sphagnum, they weren't doing well until I put them in higher humidity.
By cjpflaumer
I currently grow mine inside my highland terrarium. Reason I did that is because the live sphagnum in pots with plants seemed to be doing better than my whole tray dedicated just to sphagnum. Temps are low 50s to mid-upper 70s. Humidity always above 70% and up to 100%

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
By Randall
Thanks mine are very light green and grow so slow I have them covered and just switched to a cfl 23w 6500k bulb and is temp is around 78 to 80 degrees like. They are in a rubbermaid tub, that sound okay? Thanks again!
By erikHIplants
Randall wrote:Thanks mine are very light green and grow so slow I have them covered and just switched to a cfl 23w 6500k bulb and is temp is around 78 to 80 degrees like. They are in a rubbermaid tub, that sound okay? Thanks again!
That is similar to the conditions that I have as well. Mines are in a rubbermaid tub from walmart, I cut out the tub top and used saran wrap to seal it. I drilled holes in the side of the tub for airflow.
Attachments:
IMG_7154.JPG
IMG_7154.JPG (686.44 KiB) Viewed 3964 times
By Randall
Maybe airflow is my problem, I leave it covered most of the time. Thanks for your help man, oh yours looks very awesome as well!
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!