FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By CRS4
I have tried to post a picture or two to the forum (after uploading the pic to Google Photos and Flickr both) and I can't seem to get the pic to show in my board post. Are you all just pasting the photo(s) into your posts? I have been studying the FAQ and peoples' posts and cant figure it out. Sorry- I seem to be mentally impaired... :?

Thank you
By evenwind
Sorry, I can't see an image.

When I post pics, I first put them on my desktop and then use the "Upload Attachment" at the bottom of the "reply" screen (not found the "quick reply" screen).
evenwind liked this
By Shadowtski
I use the attachment feature to post pictures.
It is beneath the box where you type in your text.
(If You're replying to a post, you have to click PREVIEW to see it.)

1)Click UPLOAD ATTACHMENT button.
2)Click CHOOSE FILE button, select picture from your computer and double click it.
3)Click ADD THE FILE button.
4)Put your cursor in the text box where you want the photo to be, then click PLACE INLINE button.
5)Click SUBMIT button.
It should now be visible.

*NOTE* These instructions were written for a desktop computer.
Tablets or cell phones may be a little different.
Drosera magnifica 42.jpg
Drosera magnifica 42.jpg (169.58 KiB) Viewed 4017 times
Shadowtski liked this
By CRS4
Thanks for your replies!
I was getting really worried -
If I can't even figure this out when I'm in my mid 40's, what am I going to do when I'm 80? :shock: :lol:
Attachments:
IMG_0486 (1).jpg
IMG_0486 (1).jpg (152.27 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
By oval
CRS4 wrote:Thanks for your replies!
I was getting really worried -
If I can't even figure this out when I'm in my mid 40's, what am I going to do when I'm 80? :shock: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Don't worry, you won't be the only one!
By sbrooks
I stopped uploading photos on here a few years ago when all of the photo-laundering apps started having issues with me (photobucket, Instagram, etc.)
I just tried to follow the steps Shadowski left, I don't want to sound unappreciative, but step 2 (click CHOOSE A FILE) doesn't seem to exist. :oops: :cry: :x

Must be something about the '40's........
By evenwind
sbrooks wrote: I just tried to follow the steps Shadowski left, I don't want to sound unappreciative, but step 2 (click CHOOSE A FILE) doesn't seem to exist. :oops: :cry: :x

Must be something about the '40's........
That's bizarre. You got past the "Upload Attachment" but didn't get the box with "Filename" and "File Comment" on the left? Or you got the Filename and File Comment but without the "Choose File" button on the Filename line?
Screenshot (1).jpg
Screenshot (1).jpg (40.75 KiB) Viewed 3958 times
evenwind liked this
By sbrooks
When I go through specific instructions step by step (which I need to do a lot :oops: ) I look for the exact steps as they are laid out. Mine has 'Browse" instead of "Choose File". Not sure why.

Anyway, I tried to add one photo, and it says that it's too large. This has always been the problem for me, which led me down the photo laundering rabbit hole in the first place. So I guess the world will have to continue to live without viewing my photos even longer. Not sure why the site cannot be set up to just allow computer-sized photos regardless. Technology will always be on par with black magic to me.

Obviously I'm not the only one who continues to be frustrated by something that should be simple, but remains complicated.

Thank you for your efforts anyway...... :cry:
By Shadowtski
sbrooks wrote:When I go through specific instructions step by step (which I need to do a lot :oops: ) I look for the exact steps as they are laid out. Mine has 'Browse" instead of "Choose File". Not sure why.

Anyway, I tried to add one photo, and it says that it's too large. This has always been the problem for me, which led me down the photo laundering rabbit hole in the first place. So I guess the world will have to continue to live without viewing my photos even longer. Not sure why the site cannot be set up to just allow computer-sized photos regardless. Technology will always be on par with black magic to me.

Obviously I'm not the only one who continues to be frustrated by something that should be simple, but remains complicated.

Thank you for your efforts anyway...... :cry:
There is a free image editing program called GIMP. (Gnu Image Manipulation Program).
It is almost as powerful as Adobe Photoshop.
It has a feature called "SCALE IMAGE".
After opening your image, you type in a new X or Y dimension and it automatically resizes it.
For example, my camera produces an image 4592 by 3056 pixels, 14 megapixels.
I tell it to resize the x axis to 1148 (4592/4).
It automatically resizes the y axis to 764 (3056/4).
I save it as a .jpg and I now have a file that's small enough to upload.

Just my 2¢ worth.
Shadowtski liked this
By sbrooks
I appreciate the suggestion. I've been down those roads before.
I've ended up having various issues with each photo app I've tried (stopped being free, sold my email address to hacks, took forever to upload/download, stopped existing, etc.)
I'll just wait until the site allows me to take a simple photo that was loaded from my cell phone to my computer, and simply place it on the site with my post without having to launder it through third parties.
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!