FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By KyleMcKyle
Hello everybody reading this text. When I bought my VFT it said that it's supposed to be kept inside. But I'm just wondering if I can keep it outdoors in sunlight where there are more bugs and insects.
By Engimal
Yes! There's no such thing as an indoor VFT. However be careful to acclimatise is, but slowly increasing the amount of sun it has each day. Giving it too much straight away can burn the plant.
Engimal liked this
By riveraXVX
yeah flytraps are better grown outdoors assuming the weather is proper for them, if it has been grown indoors put it in a nice indrectly lit up area outside (i use out covered porch overhang or under a table out there) give it direct sunlight for an hour or two, then back in the shade for inderect light the rest of the day (and keep it outside dont bring it inside/outside daily) next day give it an extra hour or so, then back to shade keep doing this for about a week/two gradually increasing its direct sunlight then let it do its thing full sun after

depending on your temperatures/areas adjusting when/how often you water the plant may need adjustment but keep the medium damn not soaking wet and dont let it dry out

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!