FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Wikiwakawakawee
Hey everyone,
I read about how the "Biohazard" VFT's can revert back to having normal traps, and was wondering if this happens to "Mirror" VFT's? Also, quick question, do all the traps on "Mirror" VFT have the two small traps on the side or only some?
By Wikiwakawakawee
When you say "not always", do you mean that there are times that it doesn't produce any mirror like traps for a period of time, or that sometimes they just don't produce them? are most of the traps that come out "mirrored" or is it that most traps it produces are typical looking? I guess my question is "which does it seem to produce more of?"
By Matt
Some flytraps have characteristics that come and go or vary with the seasons. I haven't noticed a correlation of Mirror flytraps producing mirrored traps with the seasons, but they definitely go through "phases" when they produce more mirrored traps. Sometimes quite a few of the traps have the mirrored quality, other times none of the traps on the plant have any mirroring. This can be true for plants growing side by side in identical conditions.
By bugman
I do not find it a very good variety for me it has generally refused to do any mirrored traps this year, but some people who have acquired mirror of me have sent pictures with their plants showing lots of mirrored traps.

I am hoping Cerberus a new variety with mirrored traps is a better performer
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!