FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By frankgrimes087
Yesterday evening I decided to give my flytrap's a treatment of insecticide because I started to have some mealy bugs and possibly red spider mites. For the last couple of years I have used Bayer Bio Advanced 3-1 and it has worked pretty well for me.

This morning when I was flushing out my pots I noticed that while I was doing this to my FTS Maroon Monster, the traps closed quite slowly instead of really fast. Now I know on these forums there are many posts about the different reasons on why flytraps might close slowly such as dormancy, old traps, weather, over watering, etc. but one thing I could not find is if insecticides could possibly play a part in this?

I guess it doesn't really matter lol... but I am really just curious because as I was flushing out the Maroon Monster I don't believe I touched any of the trigger hairs, but im sure some water could of done that. I am out here in Phoenix so all my traps have been waking up from dormancy quite nicely and I don't think think it is an overwatering issue.

Has anyone else ever experienced this while using insecticides before, or does that have nothing to do with it?

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!