FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Amount_Paid
The bulb in the silver fixture is a Miracle LED Full Spectrum Daylight 5000k bulb 150 watt equivalent and the bulb in the black fixture is a 5000k full spectrum daylight bulb 100 watt equivalent 80 CRI 70 lumens per watt, but since the CFL bulb produces heat I went and ordered some 6500k Daylight LED Bulbs from Viribright to replace the bulb that’s in the black lamp fixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Doublebass1985
I would think you'll be ok, infact when those 6500K bulbs come in you could change out the miracle one aswell and just have 2 6500K lights. You can have your led lights closer too, mine are about an inch away from the top of the plants. You might want to invest in some led bulbs that are suitable for humid environments that way if you accidentally spray water on the bulb when watering it's not a problem. I recommend Walmart's brand Great Value LED grow lights. They illuminate the purple light which is a mix of the red and blue wave lengths or you can get feit electrics full spectrum LED grow bulbs at home depot and they are a whitish glow. Walmart's bulbs are 5-$7 and felt electrics are around $10 they both work excellent. Here's a picture of one of my plants growing under the Walmart LED bulb.
Attachments:
IMAG0353.jpg
IMAG0353.jpg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 3114 times
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!