FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By A Happy Planter
I noticed there aren't any butterworts in the store and I wondering why : (
By A Happy Planter
manzano167 wrote:i think matt is gona add some when his cutting strikes but i think he has so many things too do to add stuff now
Oh, ok. I live in Jersey and sadly Butterworts aren't sold here :( .
By Matt
I have some butterworts, but I just haven't added them to the store yet. I think that Steve and I will have a few for sale this summer, but we'll likely discontinue carrying them. I'm slowing running us out of room with all of the Dionaea I'm producing through tissue culture, so we don't have much room left for other species.
By Steve_D
Matt wrote:I have some butterworts, but I just haven't added them to the store yet. I think that Steve and I will have a few for sale this summer, but we'll likely discontinue carrying them. I'm slowing running us out of room with all of the Dionaea I'm producing through tissue culture, so we don't have much room left for other species.
Speaking of which, I was just thinking today that we might ought to offer a special Butterwort sale to FlytrapCare.com members, 4 Pinguicula moctezumae or 4 Pinguicula medusina for $9.95 or something. Note to forum members though: the P. medusina are in their rather unusual but characteristic spring dormancy, when they lose all above ground growth and become little round bulbs just beneath the surface. They go dormant just when everything else starts to grow, and need to be kept fairly dry, just moist to barely moist, until they break their dormancy, usually in June I believe.
By A Happy Planter
So are you saying Butterworts will be for sale every year in summer or just some years like this one, sorry I'm a tad confused.
By ModeratelyExcessive
A Happy Planter wrote:So are you saying Butterworts will be for sale every year in summer or just some years like this one, sorry I'm a tad confused.
Just this summer and most likely not anymore after that.

If you're looking for butterworts, this site has a pretty good selection: http://www.cascadecarnivores.com/index. ... 5cc56aaf6e
By Steve_D
Matt and I plan to sell the butterworts we have and probably discontinue them. Other people specialize in Pinguicula and there is no need for too much duplication of effort to make them available.

Right now we have lots of two particular, nice Mexican species: Pinguicula moctezumae and Pinguicula medusina, a very unusual Ping that loses all its leaves and collapses into a round bulb for a dry dormancy every year in spring and early summer (they're dormant right now, in April).

If anyone is interested in purchasing any, write to Matt and me (Steve) at sales@flytrapcare.com for a package price for 5 or more of either of these butterworts.

Happy growing-- Steve
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!