FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Ben Goudge
optimus prime wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:27 pm Wow I’m growing 2 lemon trees and a fig tree.
I have three lemon trees, a big orange tree, two fig trees, a strawberry plant, a raised bed with tomatoes and habanero peppers, and a tiny passionfruit plant. The fig trees make lots of figs every year, but the rats with bushy tails (known as "squirrels" by some) always steal at least almost all of them!
By optimus prime
Ben Goudge wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:53 pm
optimus prime wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:27 pm Wow I’m growing 2 lemon trees and a fig tree.
I have three lemon trees, a big orange tree, two fig trees, a strawberry plant, a raised bed with tomatoes and habanero peppers, and a tiny passionfruit plant. The fig trees make lots of figs every year, but the rats with bushy tails (known as "squirrels" by some) always steal at least almost all of them!
Ugh squirrels were made by Satan himself. I juts sowed my fall garden. I’ve got squash,cucumbers,lettuce,melons,beans,peas,pumpkins. I had a orange tree Seedling but it died for some reason. When you get a harvest would you trade for some orange seeds as you might know oranges in stores today are seedless.my lemons are too young to fruit, my fig is also too young. I also have loquat tree and an apple tree
By Ben Goudge
Okay, but orange season is January-April. Citrus (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit, pomelo, etc.) seeds are really easy to grow from seed. First, you gently and carefully peel off the seed's outer shell. The seed itself is very soft and fragile, so be careful with it. Start them off in the same stuff that you would grow Sarracenias or flytraps in. They should germinate in a couple weeks. Once the seedlings get to be a few inches tall, move them to a more nutrient-rich mix and start fertilizing them. If you do not live in USDA Zone 8 or above, plant it in a pot so it can easily be moved inside for the winter. Otherwise, you can plant it in the ground. Good luck!
optimus prime, Matt liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!