FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By yojee05
pls help.

i've noticed brown spots developing on my nep dyeriana. and it looks unhealthy. looks like the leaves are shriveling and then w the brown spots...

i have 3 neps i bought in nov. the other 2, nep rebecca soper and nep miranda are doing great. healthy leaves, new pitchers but my nep dyeriana doesnt seem to be doing well..

same medium- coco husk + charcoal and topped it w dried sphagnum moss since i cannot look for a live one here in the philippines. i water them w collected rain water either daily or evry other day, depends if the coco husk is moist or not.

sorry no pics to share. but what could i be doing wrong w my dyeriana? :cry:
By stitz25b
this is very unusual. im not shaw what is wrong. maybe the plan is getting either not enough or too much hot sun. maybe put the plant in a dappled light. in the philipens you will be able to keep it outside exclusivly all year. also try srayng the plant regulary just in case it wants its humidity.
hope this helps :)
stitz25b liked this
By dimitar
It is hard without pictures to give you a precise answer and you can get an accurate answer.The reasons may be many and varied - problems with the roots, sunburn, not enough light, fungal infections and etc .But may not have anything of it and it could be it can be all fine.
dimitar liked this
By yojee05
thanks guys.. i cant upload the pics..
ill try to give it some dappled light and spray it more.
is it ok if i bring it inside the house for a while? its more humid in the house.
:)
By jht-union
Remember that neps don't like to sit in water, and they don't like compacted soil, they like the water to run through their roots, and they don't like sitting water, they like high humidity, and indirect sunlight, neps like water daily, they might be asking for more water, if you're not doing it daily that's a problem, for example i mist them everyday more than 15 times with lots of water, humidity need to be high, specially at night, and in the day as well, in tehir habitad it rains daily, so is important for them to get lots of water, loosely soil will do the trick, try getting Live moss!

Good luck, and of you can post pics it would be really helpful!
jht-union liked this
By tzestan
Dyeriana is not very demanding plant. Brown spots could be sunburn. Try provide some shade with indirect sunlight.
In philipines, humidity should not be a problem.
tzestan liked this
By victor
Or it could be that it's an old leaf thats dying
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!