FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By alabama
well i got this nep a while back and ive been trying to nurse it back to health when i got it it had a VERY small root system and was also potted in regular potting soil immeadiately i got it home and put it in dead LFS cause thats all thats available to me. and it had these striped brown lines eventually they went away and now it seems their back and im wondering what it is and how to treat it, look at the bottom of the new tendril.
pics coming soon upload site is down.
any advice given from given info would be great.
By snapperhead51
Hi Tyler
well as you know your in winter mode there right , the brown or dark lines in the leafs are caused by a sudden drop in climatic conditions , that your plants is responding to , its common with intermediate, low land and a lot of high land plants, in climates subtropical and yours, when the temps drops too low for the plants requirements, even though you may have heating , its the light levels as well ,so to avoid the the dreaded brown lines increase lighting levels and heating that will work , for a standard to work on , remember the mid summers day, the temp and light level, and that's what it should be 95% to 98% of the time when you grow them ok !!remember these plant do not have winter ever where they live the temps are constant as is the light levels that's what you need to maintain :mrgreen:
one other thing to look for is spider mites or mites of some kind, this also can cause a similar affect if the temps and light levels are right , , treat with a mitaside spray once a week (they usually hide under the leafs) for several weeks or till new growth is free of abnormal markings
J
By Daniel_G
What type is it,oh and get those piccys up :D As john said they like constant temperatures without change,what species is it,or dont you know?

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!