FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By 95slvrZ28
I borrowed my favorite lens and a camera from my Dad because I wanted to take some pics. Here's the results, enjoy :)

FTS Crimson Sawtooth:

D. Capensis Red:

And my newest addition, my orchid:

That's all for now!
By 95slvrZ28
Thanks everyone!
tejan24 wrote:Wow very awesome photos, you should tell your dad that the lens mysteriously disappeared. LOL
I think he would probably get suspicious if both the lens and the camera it works on disappeared together ;) I wish though.
By JimsPlants
The shots of the Dionaea are some of the best looking macros ive seen yet, i really like them.
By Aging_Bourbon
Wow man that's the very best pic's I've seen so far :) Keep it up and thanks for sharing!
By 95slvrZ28
Thanks all. I'd love to keep it up to date, but I'm not sure if I can borrow the camera that often. I need a real job before I can afford the equipment for myself, haha.
By Pickles6
What beautiful pictures and plants you have! I love your orchid. Even my camera doesn't take as good of pictures as yours does!
By 95slvrZ28
Thank you, unfortunately my camera doesn't take that good of pictures either. My Dad's camera on the other hand does :)

For those of you into cameras, these photos were taken with:
Nikon D200
55mm F2.8 macro lens
By Steve_D
95slvrZ28 wrote:55mm F2.8 macro lens
That sounds great. I have a similar lens for my Olympus DSLR, a 50mm f/2.0, great for macros, portraits, and mid-distance closeups. Cameras are neat. Now, if they could only "see" as wide a dynamic range from dark to light as the human eye-- :)
By 95slvrZ28
Yes, like I said, my favorite lens. I love fast lenses to get really reduced depth of field. It really allows you to focus attention on one subject. I've said this before, but I'm coming to your house to steal that lens, it will probably work on my Olympus DSLR too...

As far as the dynamic range, it would be great if cameras could capture that. I think that's one thing I like about HDR post-processing is it can almost make the picture seem more real (to a point). I posted this photo in the HDR thread in the photo technique forum, but since it came up, I'll share it here for anyone who's not very interested in that section. The photo borders on the edge of photo-realism, but in a way, the expanded range of lighting seems a little more realistic. It's hard for me to decide really...

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!