FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Dionaea Masukippa
So I haven't posted in a while since my VFT was ravaged by a chipmunk. Since my last post: the damaged VFT recovered into adorable tiny baby traps, I rescued two more VFTs one which was only one sad etioliated leaf which grew into a monster compared to my others, The other VFT was a light deprived mess which I nursed back to health before giving to a co-worker  (it also caught a spider which both amazed and freaked out her boyfriend), a Sarracenia (Rubra?) came with the monster VFT and has recovered nicely and is doing it's job effectively and finally last night, while buying bone meal for my vegetable plants, I came across a Sarracenia Purpurea and snatched it up. I also saw some Nepenthes but I don't know how well I could care for a tropical plant. I'm really hoping to find a Drosera next! The bog (this is what I call my tray of CP's as a collective now)  also came with me to work one day (when I gave a VFT to a co-worker) and gained interest from some of my co-workers. The bog now sits on a plant stand away from barbarian chipmunks. Wasps have also visited, only to get a drink from the tray or the spaghnum moss.
Attachments:
These are the babies that came from the mother plant (my original VFT) when it was rended into pieces by a chipmunk. I only lost 1/4 of what was once the original plant with the other 3/4th being reborn. I say 3/4ths because it looks like the smaller/all green baby is dividing again.
These are the babies that came from the mother plant (my original VFT) when it was rended into pieces by a chipmunk. I only lost 1/4 of what was once the original plant with the other 3/4th being reborn. I say 3/4ths because it looks like the smaller/all green baby is dividing again.
tmp-cam--2105232523.jpg (144.29 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
The whole "bog". The small plant on the right was growing in the spaghnum moss with the Sarracenia (Rubra?). I separated it to let it grow, so I could find out what it was. It was just grass. It's no longer at the bog party.
The whole "bog". The small plant on the right was growing in the spaghnum moss with the Sarracenia (Rubra?). I separated it to let it grow, so I could find out what it was. It was just grass. It's no longer at the bog party.
tmp-cam--1640211619.jpg (156.99 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
My new friend
My new friend
tmp-cam--78680514.jpg (115.8 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
By Dionaea Masukippa
Just made another new CP friend! I ordered this Drosera x hybrida for my birthday and it arrived today! I do want to repot it since it already has roots coming out of the drainage holes, but I also want to let it recuperate a bit first.
Attachments:
Ah, a protective forcefield I see.
Ah, a protective forcefield I see.
tmp-cam-1414691306.jpg (96.68 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
FREEDOM!
FREEDOM!
tmp-cam-1651716643.jpg (120.07 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!