FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Alex2893
Ill see tomorrow if i can find a before photo when i got my megastraps to what it looks like current day. Im getting almost 2 inch traps. Megatraps blew away my expectations. Its easily in my top 3 favorite.
By boarderlib
Rachel8T4 wrote::mrgreen: Amazing growth and beautiful plants!
Thank you Rachel8T4!
Alex2893 wrote:Ill see tomorrow if i can find a before photo when i got my megastraps to what it looks like current day. Im getting almost 2 inch traps. Megatraps blew away my expectations. Its easily in my top 3 favorite.
If you look at the first post of the thread you can see the growth difference in the last year and a half. Oh yeah, little secret I gave away 3-4 mature divisions of this plant before the most recent picture was taken.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Fly Trap Hunter
Where did you purchase your pots and trays? Are they 4 inch pots? Should they be 6 inch pots. I like your setup. It looks tidy and moveable. I like the square pots too. They don't fall over easily like cups do.
By Alex2893
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:Where did you purchase your pots and trays? Are they 4 inch pots? Should they be 6 inch pots. I like your setup. It looks tidy and moveable. I like the square pots too. They don't fall over easily like cups do.
I use those pots for my bigger traps. they are great

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Various-Amount- ... JKf74-RkRw

EDIT:
Somehow i got two different posts mixed up. Another guy used these pots in a different thread. Got them mixed up. Thought it was this thread which is why i posted that link. My bad. Never the less they are still great pots.
Last edited by Alex2893 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By boarderlib
Alex2893 wrote:July 8th 2016
Image20160708_083237 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

August 2nd 2017
Image20170802_221915 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
No those are not the pots I use.
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:Where did you purchase your pots and trays? Are they 4 inch pots? Should they be 6 inch pots. I like your setup. It looks tidy and moveable. I like the square pots too. They don't fall over easily like cups do.
Are you referring to me? I'm confused since my fly trap picture thread has been hijacked.

By Alex2893
boarderlib wrote:
Alex2893 wrote:July 8th 2016
Image20160708_083237 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

August 2nd 2017
Image20170802_221915 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
No those are not the pots I use.
Are you referring to me? I'm confused since my fly trap picture thread has been hijacked.

I sure hope your not saying im hijacking your thread. I was simply showing you my megatraps growth difference aswell. i wont post anymore photos in your thread.
Alex2893 liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
Where did you purchase your pots and trays? Are they 4 inch pots? Should they be 6 inch pots. I like your setup. It looks tidy and moveable. I like the square pots too. They don't fall over easily like cups do.
Boarderlib I was asking you about the neat setup you have. I did find some 5x5 inch square pots really cheap but that's not what you have. I'm looking for something affordable. I have a local nursery that said I can purchase that setup for 3 - 4x4 square pots/$1. and idk about the tray. Those might be good for younger plants but not adults right? 6 inch pots for adult fly traps?

I hope your setup helps you move easier. ;) it looks sturdy/moveable, not like cups.
By boarderlib
Alex2893 wrote:
I sure hope your not saying im hijacking your thread. I was simply showing you my megatraps growth difference aswell. i wont post anymore photos in your thread.
It's okay, my apologies for getting snippy. With the stress of having to move at home, and move the majority of the equipment at work around, due to new ownership. I'm a bit quick to jump the gun. The reason I've been trying to avoid being on here to much.
Fly Trap Hunter wrote: Boarderlib I was asking you about the neat setup you have. I did find some 5x5 inch square pots really cheap but that's not what you have. I'm looking for something affordable. I have a local nursery that said I can purchase that setup for 3 - 4x4 square pots/$1. and idk about the tray. Those might be good for younger plants but not adults right? 6 inch pots for adult fly traps?

I hope your setup helps you move easier. ;) it looks sturdy/moveable, not like cups.
I get mine from http://www.greenhousemegastore.com the ones pictured are 5 1/2" square by 6" tall. This is my first year using them but they seem to be holding up very well and they are pretty cheap. I do use the 4" square by 5 1/2" high pots as well for drosera and smaller plants. The are the coex square pots. I also was using the heavy duty 1020 trays from there, and they hold up really well too.

So far the square pots have been a huge help with the move. Thanks!

By hollyhock
I'm photo bombing your thread Borderlib with a photo of my favorite VFT.
MEGA traps from you. :D Two inch trap.
I will post a photo of the whole plant another time. It's huge and I am grateful for your generosity
Attachments:
IMG_20170724_181811003_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170724_181811003_HDR.jpg (873.7 KiB) Viewed 5376 times
By Orit
Absolutely beautiful. All your plants look like they're in the best possible conditions. Hope I can get mine to look half that great!
By Alex2893
boarderlib wrote:
It's okay, my apologies for getting snippy. With the stress of having to move at home, and move the majority of the equipment at work around, due to new ownership. I'm a bit quick to jump the gun. The reason I've been trying to avoid being on here to much.
Its all good. I probably over reacted as well. I was just a little bummed out that you didn't seem to care about my megatraps growth difference comparison. Took me 15 minutes of searching my old photos to find that older photo lol.

Btw good luck on the move it might be stressful now but it will be quite the satisfying feeling moving the last box of stuff into the new place.
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!