FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Lawndude84
This is straight off of Peter D'Amato's website

Bladderworts (Utricularia sp.)

Soil: Aquatic varieties: One cup of peat well-mixed into each gallon of water. Tropical: A good mix is one part fine orchid bark, one part long - fibered sphagnum , one part peat and one part perllite.

Terrestrial: Use a mix of one part peat to one part sand.

Containers: Plastic containers with drainage holes work best for terrestrial and epiphytic species. Most terrestrials also do well in un-drained containers. If you wish to view the badders on terrestrials grow them in glass containers with removable black plastic sheeting of construction paper wrapped along the outside of the glass below the soil level.

Watering: Use the tray method for terrestrials and tropicals, keeping the soil wet.

Light: Full to part sun.

Climate: As Bladderworts grow worldwide, they come from varied climates: cold-temperature, temperate, warm-temperate, sub-tropical, tropical and Mediterranean.

Please consult (The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato) for specific species requirements.
By moof
It'll be good if you'd say which species exactly you want to keep. Many of them are very easy plants;)
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!