FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Teanuhkixbum
I have a big bay window w/ a 300w blurple LED (I think. I'll grab specs in a few I'm at the bus stop waiting for kid #1) and I have a couple neps and a variety of sundews under it. The neps, as well as well as the capensi, burmannii and the basic rosettes I have are doing fine but what was once a giant full beautiful binata extrema is now down to but a few branches. I'm not sure if maybe the temp flux because of the bay windows is too much or if it is something else.... the traps just seem to dry and brown almost as soon as they unravel. It is still putting them out though. Any suggestions?
By jpappy789
A lot of the binata complex can act like "warm temperates" that go essentially go dormant with the right light/temp cues sometimes even when grown inside. I don't think multifida extrema necessarily needs it like some of its relatives might, but could have just slowed down if the light/temps from the window are cuing it that it is winter time. Another possibility is that I've found some of the different binatas can die back when they get really root cramped. Maybe an upgrade to a bigger pot is in order?
By optique
I am keeping a extrema inside for the winter for the 1st time. it is in full south sun no artificial lights, It seems happy.

My only issue is its so big and just laying leaves across everything with in two feet of it.
By Teanuhkixbum
Thanks yall! I'm thinking maybe a dormancy type thing is what is going on, but there are several in the pot and they were HUGE, so I will upgrade to a bigger pot and see what goes from there! This is the most octopus gangly thing ever!

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!