FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By Frothy_Milk
Title says it all

I’m looking for an accurate greenhouse thermometer hygrometer that is very water resistant and can handle up to 90+ humidity.

Under 100$ preferably. I’ve gone through two “greenhouse” thermometer hygrometers because they couldn’t handle the humidity and misting. They were accurate, but not for very long lol.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By CPhunter101
I'm a cheap guy but this thermometer/hygrometer really works well for me (link posted below). I keep it in a highland nep terrarium that goes over 90 humidity. The terrarium is always dripping with moisture but this device can handle it. It's such a reliable thermometer, I keep a few in my house as well. I'm pretty sure it can work for a greenhouse too.
https://www.amazon.com/ThermoPro-TP50-D ... 26&sr=8-10
By Frothy_Milk
CPhunter101 wrote:I'm a cheap guy but this thermometer/hygrometer really works well for me (link posted below). I keep it in a highland nep terrarium that goes over 90 humidity. The terrarium is always dripping with moisture but this device can handle it. It's such a reliable thermometer, I keep a few in my house as well. I'm pretty sure it can work for a greenhouse too.
Thanks! I’ll give it a shot

By Frothy_Milk
CPhunter101 wrote:I'm a cheap guy but this thermometer/hygrometer really works well for me (link posted below). I keep it in a highland nep terrarium that goes over 90 humidity. The terrarium is always dripping with moisture but this device can handle it. It's such a reliable thermometer, I keep a few in my house as well. I'm pretty sure it can work for a greenhouse too.
It has worked out! Survived longer than my other one lol. It’s usually 80+ humidity during the day and 99+ at night. Thanks for the recommend

CPhunter101 liked this
By CPhunter101
Frothy_Milk wrote:It has worked out! Survived longer than my other one lol. It’s usually 80+ humidity during the day and 99+ at night. Thanks for the recommend
You're welcome! Although, I have to warn you that I don't know how it would work for long-term in a greenhouse. It has worked for me for about half a year already, and it should be easy to replace if it breaks. I mean, 10 bucks? That's really affordable if it lasts for 5+ years per device.
By Frothy_Milk
CPhunter101 wrote:
Frothy_Milk wrote:It has worked out! Survived longer than my other one lol. It’s usually 80+ humidity during the day and 99+ at night. Thanks for the recommend
You're welcome! Although, I have to warn you that I don't know how it would work for long-term in a greenhouse. It has worked for me for about half a year already, and it should be easy to replace if it breaks. I mean, 10 bucks? That's really affordable if it lasts for 5+ years per device.
If it can survive in a much smaller enclosed space like a terrarium dripping with moisture, then I would assume it can handle a greenhouse! Image
And if it does break, down another 10$ as you said. No biggie

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!