FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By hollyhock
Hello everyone and welcome to my latest giveaway... :D A little contest that I call Beauty and the Beast... (Similar name could be applied to the 2016 Presidential campaign :lol: )
Anyway....
Here are the rules..
Everyone is eligible... :D
United States only. Winners agree to pay for the shipping of the prizes....
Deadline for submission of entries is midnight October 30, 2016. Winners will be announced on Halloween...

Submit a photo of the most beautiful and the most horrible carnivorous plant in your collection..

Make sure when you upload the photos you label it either " beauty" or " beast"

Please do not comment in the thread about anyone's entry in an attempt to sway the judges.. :o

Now for the judging... I need 2 members to message me to volunteer to help judge the contest. By volunteering you forfeit the right to enter the giveaway.
After the deadline and all the entries are reviewed the 2 judges will message me their selection for winner of beauty and of beast.. In the event of a tie I will cast the deciding vote.

This is not a photo contest....Just please make sure the picture is clear...

First 2 members to message me are the anonymous judges.. I do need 2 volunteers to make this fair and unbiased.. Thanks
Oh and of course the prizes will be fabulous :lol:
Last edited by hollyhock on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
By hollyhock
Benurmanii wrote:Can I just post my entries for fun? Also, by horrible, do you mean the worst looking plant in our collection?
If you enter a submission you are in it to win it...of course it's fun...But it's to hard to keep track of who just wants to show some eye candy and who wants to play along with Hollyhock and her crazy giveaways... Besides you could win a fabulous prize :lol:
By Benurmanii
hollyhock wrote:it's to hard to keep track of who just wants to show some eye candy and who wants to play along with Hollyhock and her crazy giveaways... Besides you could win a fabulous prize :lol:
I am not as interested in showing off the eye candy as I am showing off my bad plants :lol: I always feel like I need to share the troubles to get them off my chest! I suppose I'll enter :) I just didn't want to take away from the chances of others winning if I could still "show off" the "Beast".
Last edited by Benurmanii on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benurmanii liked this
By Leathal_Traps
hollyhock wrote:Have you noticed Lethal never follows directions.... :roll:
Do I have to disqualify you again??? :lol:
I did follow directions!!! It's just happened to be that hamata is the ugliest plant in my collection right now, what can I say ;) :lol:
By hollyhock
I am not as interested in showing off the eye candy as I am showing off my bad plants :lol: I always feel like I need to share the troubles to get them off my chest! I suppose I'll enter :) I just didn't want to take away from the chances of others winning if I could still "show off" the "Beast".[/quote]

If you want you can just enter in a single category ...Let's see your " beast"
By boarderlib
hollyhock wrote:Hello everyone and welcome to my latest giveaway... :D A little contest that I call Beauty and the Beast... (Similar name could be applied to the 2016 Presidential campaign Image )
Anyway....
Here are the rules..
Everyone is eligible... :D
United States only. Winners agree to pay for the shipping of the prizes....
Deadline for submission of entries is midnight October 30, 2016. Winners will be announced on Halloween...

Submit a photo of the most beautiful and the most horrible carnivorous plant in your collection..

Make sure when you upload the photos you label it either " beauty" or " beast"

Please do not comment in the thread about anyone's entry in an attempt to sway the judges.. :o

Now for the judging... I need 2 members to message me to volunteer to help judge the contest. By volunteering you forfeit the right to enter the giveaway.
After the deadline and all the entries are reviewed the 2 judges will message me their selection for winner of beauty and of beast.. In the event of a tie I will cast the deciding vote.

This is not a photo contest....Just please make sure the picture is clear...

First 2 members to message me are the anonymous judges.. I do need 2 volunteers to make this fair and unbiased.. Thanks
Oh and of course the prizes will be fabulous Image
Is there a time line on the photos? For example within the last 30 days?

Great giveaway! Way to keep it interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bag them for a month, opening the bag every day or[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!