Basic info on small growth points starting on Nepenthes

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here
Lukebart02

Basic info on small growth points starting on Nepenthes

by Lukebart02 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:59 pm

I will attach a picture but I had to repot my Nepenthes Ventrata bc it was too big for the pot it was in and I noticed 3 small growth points sticking up from the moss. I really hope that I didn’t kill them by reporting my plant. I left them to let them keep growing. Can you guys help by giving me some basic information on when I should cut them from the mother plant to re pot them and how to do that when the time comes!? :D
Attachments
image.jpg
1 of the bigger growth points. 1/2 inch long
image.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 396 times

tannerm

Re: Basic info on small growth points starting on Nepenthes

by tannerm » Wed May 02, 2018 10:08 pm

Lukebart02 wrote:I will attach a picture but I had to repot my Nepenthes Ventrata bc it was too big for the pot it was in and I noticed 3 small growth points sticking up from the moss. I really hope that I didn’t kill them by reporting my plant. I left them to let them keep growing. Can you guys help by giving me some basic information on when I should cut them from the mother plant to re pot them and how to do that when the time comes!? :D

After they’re big/developed enough to form and hold multiple pitchers without dropping them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users would like to thank tannerm for this post
Lukebart02

Shelilla

Re: Basic info on small growth points starting on Nepenthes

by Shelilla » Fri May 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Tannerm is right. Also even if you have killed them, ventrata grows like a weed; you'll have plenty more in no time, popping up out the wazoo. Mine likes to pop out growth points on stalks that have been (what I thought was) dead for months, great plant that grows like crazy. You'll have no troubles with growth points on this species.

The following users would like to thank Shelilla for this post
Lukebart02

Return to Tropical Pitcher Plants