FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By whatsgrowingon
OK, Im just throwing this out there to vent a little. A month or so ago I had bought a few plants and also received plants as a unexpected gift bought from petflytrap.com. First, the plants were not actually shipped until a week after order was placed. Then, some of the plants showed up in poor condition(opened day of delivery) and the others seemed in ok condition. Within a few days the plants in poor condition died and the others started looking bad and a few of those died as well. I looked closely at the plants and a few of them seemed to have a white mold or something growing around the roots and under the leaves. I also pulled up the rhizome to make sure the plant was not still alive and it was just a black ball of mush. I have numerous other CPs in the same growing conditions and they are thriving. The plants were also being acclimated properly to the new conditions. I wrote several nice e-mails with photos explaining the situation and even attempted to call twice with no reply on the email and no answer on the phone call. It has been around a month without receiving a reply. So instead of writing a mean e-mail or something like that I decided to just post my experience with them in the forum. 8-) Oh and I have had several other people say their plants from them were also bad. So, if you are thinking of ordering from them I suggest just ordering from FTS or maybe trying somewhere else. ALL my plants from FTS showed up quick, in perfect condition, and are kicking ass! My maroon monster is growing fast and looking great! Here are some comparisons ;) Im sure I dont have to label them
Attachments:
IMAG0129.jpg
IMAG0129.jpg (242.9 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
IMAG0127.jpg
IMAG0127.jpg (282.51 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
IMAG0125.jpg
IMAG0125.jpg (453.06 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
IMAG0120.jpg
IMAG0120.jpg (419.38 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
IMAG0120.jpg
IMAG0120.jpg (419.38 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
Last edited by whatsgrowingon on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
By John S
I absolutely agree. The plant I bought from them was in terrible condition when I received it. I also tried calling at least twice and left a message but never got a call back. They're nothing compared to Flytrapstore!
John S liked this
By whatsgrowingon
John S wrote:I absolutely agree. The plant I bought from them was in terrible condition when I received it. I also tried calling at least twice and left a message but never got a call back. They're nothing compared to Flytrapstore!

Yeah Matt and Steve obviously care about the plants too. Petflytrap.com I think just mass produce plants and sell as many as they can with little care. Where is the TLC petflytrap.com? I didnt even ask for a refund or a new plant, I just asked for a response :?
By Shimizoki
My Akai Ryu's I got from petflytrap.com and even though I had them for longer than FTS's mystery box plants they still look worse. They take twice as much effort for half the results.
Shimizoki liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!