FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By CanadianTrapper
Hey everyone. Back again from this: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/final ... t5331.html

Anyways, i have a few new questions, with a few new pictures to go along, questions are below the photos.
Unfortunately, i couldn't get a picture of my first question because i can never get a good shot of one, because there way too small. Anyways, lately iv been spotting little sliver like bugs, crawling around on the soil. but there so tiny, hardly the width of a needle. Im not sure if they fly, but they can definitely jump when poked at. Should i worry about these little creatures? I think they might be a gnatt or something along those lines, but im not sure. Ill keep trying to get a picture, but like i said, there ridiculously tiny.

On to the new pictures and another question!
Attachments:
OK so my second question is this, or more of a "what is this" green moss, or green mold? appearing on the soil in little patches throughout, should i be concerned? should i remove it? or should i just leave it?
OK so my second question is this, or more of a "what is this" green moss, or green mold? appearing on the soil in little patches throughout, should i be concerned? should i remove it? or should i just leave it?
IMG_6310.jpg (254.9 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
The new guy with lots of new growth!
The new guy with lots of new growth!
IMG_6312.jpg (216.95 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
Old gramps after a month or so in the new pot.
Old gramps after a month or so in the new pot.
IMG_6314.jpg (173.2 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
Where they sit 99% of the time, in bright sunlight and warmth. :)
Where they sit 99% of the time, in bright sunlight and warmth. :)
IMG_6311.jpg (882.79 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
By Matt
Looks like your plants are doing well!
CanadianTrapper wrote:Anyways, lately iv been spotting little sliver like bugs, crawling around on the soil. but there so tiny, hardly the width of a needle. Im not sure if they fly, but they can definitely jump when poked at. Should i worry about these little creatures?
See this post:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/post57147.html#p57147
By Matt
That green moss is almost impossible to get rid of and it doesn't really negatively affect the plants. I wouldn't worry about it. If you keep the soil a bit drier and keep the plants in full sunlight, it will slow down the moss a bit.
By CanadianTrapper
Alright sounds good. While im thinking about it, do you have any idea, just by looking at the pictures, what kind of vft mine are?
By Matt
CanadianTrapper wrote:do you have any idea, just by looking at the pictures, what kind of vft mine are?
By "kind of VFT" I'm guessing that you mean what named clone they are? If they didn't come labeled with a name, then they're typical Venus fly traps.
Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!