FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Adam
Matt wrote:I hear that Steve! I picked up a few books on the subject, but there's nothing like just doing it and learning, though, as you say, it's a slow process.
Just imagine how slow it was before digital cameras!
By Steve_D
Adam wrote:Just imagine how slow it was before digital cameras!
Right! And expensive! Any real photographer would have wanted to build his own darkroom to learn and control the printing process, and all that money in chemicals and film. We are so lucky nowadays with digital cameras making everything so instant and with computer image processing programs to remedy most mistakes for us and give is so many more options, including the composite "high dynamic range" images, etc.

Now everybody can be a great photographer. (Well, it still takes an eye and some experience and talent too.) But it is easy to admire those hardy and dedicated photographers of the film era and all they had to do and learn to get great shots.
By Matt
Steve_D wrote:Now everybody can be a great photographer. (Well, it still takes an eye and some experience and talent too.) But it is easy to admire those hardy and dedicated photographers of the film era and all they had to do and learn to get great shots.
Yeah, thinking about how things were done before the digital age makes photography overwhelming. It's soooo much easier now and I, for one, am very thankful for that!

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!