FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Solarin
I have been growing the B-52 cultivar for a few years now and I am noticing a few unique traits of this plant. The plant is typically known for its rapid and large growth characteristics but I have noticed that this cultivar exhibits the following traits.

1.The plant divides and creates new plants at the leaf bases of older or decaying leafs. This may happen two or three times a growing season. The new plantlets show remarkable growth and size. They half the size of the parent

2.The plant tends not to grow from the center of the bulb or rhizome rather it will grow laterally lending itself to division into multiple plantlets, (supporting the previous comment).

3.The plant is reluctant to propagate through leaf pulling’s. They will damp-off within days and turn brown.

Has any other growers noticed any of these traits or are they endemic to the ones growing in my collection. I look forward to any discussion concerning this cultivar.
By Matt
Interesting observations Curtis. My B52 is a very small division at this point, so I won't be able to comment much on your observations, but I'll keep a close eye on my plant over the next year or so and watch for the traits you describe.
By Solarin
Thans Matt for the feedback. I will keep you posted with any further observations.

Best regards,
Curtis

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!