FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By andrUwU
Hi Guys! I usually grow my carnivorous plants outside (Sars and VFTS) but i’m going to have to go to college soon and have no clue how the dorm life will affect my plants so I was wondering if you guys knew of any affordable but good lights?

I found one on amazon, but I have no clue of this would be good or not?

Grow Light for Indoor Plants - Upgraded Version 80 LED Lamps with Full Spectrum & Red Blue Spectrum, 3/9/12H Timer, 10 Dimmable Level, Adjustable Gooseneck,3 Switch Modes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082YWKWGH/re ... aGbCMNN1NP
By MikeB
I tried to use some of these gooseneck lamps, and I wasn't impressed. The amount of light that they gave off was disappointing, even with the brightness maxed-out.

On January 1st, I spotted the Mars Hydro TS 600 on sale for $60 (it's $80 on the manufacturer's site, $90 on Amazon), and I pounced on it. When this panel lights up, it's like a miniature sun formed in the room. My plants are doing very well under it.

This is my 2¢ worth. Hopefully the indoor growers will chime in here.
Apollyon liked this
By Apollyon
I second the Mars Hydro. I use T5s, Mars Hydro and some Yescom panels and the Mars Hydro gives the best reaction from the plants. Seeds tend to start quicker under it as well. It does get hot though and it will heat up the area around it. Unlike other lights though, you can keep the light a decent distance away from the plants and it will still be effective, which is great if you're growing Sarracenia.
By Supercazzola
Yeah I use the TS-1000 in about a 2x2 grow tent and like the dimmer on it. When it is 100% output, it feels like a sun going supernova.
My Rose Quartz Cactus Flowers

Hi Joshua...nice...i love those these cacti...the […]

It looks to me like they will be fine, but I'm no […]

DeadlyCarni's Grow list

Updated to add some new plants.

Cultivar Identification???

i cant tell you what it is but i can tell you it i[…]

So we topped out at 32 inches! Just in time for a […]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

that seller has pages of negative feedback about f[…]

Pitcher style water filters

This is the one I bought, $17.50. Easy to pour and[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!