FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Carpy321
Hi guys so I'm wondering if my plants are dormant as I'm too inexperienced to tell..
They are definately smaller but the traps still close rather fast.
They where far bigger during summer! Image

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
By Secretariat73
Those look like very healthy plants. So I would say your plants are entering dormancy.

As far as trap operation indicating dormancy... I live in Las Vegas, and my winters are very mild (temps only occasionally dip below 20F). While some of my traps stop opening and closing during the winter, most of them still operate (albeit sluggishly)... and the most vigorous ones continue to feed throughout the year with hair trigger reflexes.
By Carpy321
Secretariat73 wrote:Those look like very healthy plants. So I would say your plants are entering dormancy.

As far as trap operation indicating dormancy... I live in Las Vegas, and my winters are very mild (temps only occasionally dip below 20F). While some of my traps stop opening and closing during the winter, most of them still operate (albeit sluggishly)... and the most vigorous ones continue to feed throughout the year with hair trigger reflexes.
Thanks for the reply! I've noticed little differences but by what I've read I also thought entering!
I'm giving them a few days outside! They better hurry up tho as want to repot them!!

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
By Secretariat73
It shouldn't be a problem for you to repot your plants now. No need to wait for them to become fully dormant. But I would leave all the divisions outside when you are done. They will sleep better that way. :)

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!