FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By toasty
four years ago i got a vft as a gift, about two years in i realized it looked like there was 2 vft in the same pot. they looked crowded and were compeating for sun so i seperated them.

the larger of the two plants went into a larger pot than it came in and it multiplied in size by 10x. i figured bigger pot bigger plant. this new pot has no dome cuz its from the corner store. when i first changed pots it i had a dome on it just so it wouldnt freak out from the change but later removed it completly so it can catch bugs and a slurpy cup in my house looks ugly the original smaller pot has like a mini clear solo cup over it so it has way more humidity. two years after seperation the small plant is still the same size but looking way healthier than it ever has. so much so that it changed colors from green to red. my question is are these two differnt plants or should i put a dome back over the bigger plant and hope it turns red too or... remove the dome from the little and hope it turns big.
(this plant came from a kids science museum giftshop with no other info, turned out to be a really dope gift here i am 4years later)
Attachments:
D6849762-A703-4779-8488-EFB268DD54C0.jpeg
D6849762-A703-4779-8488-EFB268DD54C0.jpeg (1.98 MiB) Viewed 1903 times
By Panman
I would wager that the smaller plant is getting much more sunlight than the larger. That could account for the more b compact leaves and darker color.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!