FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sander
Hey everyone,

Just as the topic title says, do they look happy to you?
Just a remark, they were neglected for 2 weeks during the Christmas holiday, they did get there light, but only 13 degrees C, and water in the pots was empty when i got back^^, i know i know, but since i cant change the thermostat here.

But anyway, how do they look after 2 weeks of complete neglect and a weeks care after that.
VFT Stalks amongs my seed containers.
All of the bunch
Sarracenia hybrid (mught be a leuko?)
Indica, this guy stopped growing almost completely during the 2 weeks, it has formed 3 new arms since last week.
Aliciae which i rescued (6 in 1 pot-.-') the small guy seems to be dying, not a lot of dew on the old leaves, keeps forming new ones which seem to produce more dew.
My 3 VFT typicals
another closeup of my aliciae
the typicals again, here u can see where i cut off the stalks, and in the background u can see another one forming. :D
indica closeup
Nidiformis seedlings, have about 15 of them :mrgreen:
By Sander
roarke wrote:Aliciae is recovering slowly and you have an vft flower stalk forming.
Sander wrote: the typicals again, here u can see where i cut off the stalks, and in the background u can see another one forming. :D
Yeah, also seems they dont like my blood worms since they were all dried up, but this might also be because the plant hardly had any dew left.

The stalk is gonna cut again (second one from the same plant in month time), one of the other photos also shows the planted flower stalk.
By Sander
Update comming tonight or this afternoon, and see the difference compared to a week or so ago, and proof that even dummies (as myself who neglect there plants for 2 weeks) can get them on the right track really quickly
By xr280xr
The flytraps look very healthy, and not at all dormant (don't know if they should be).
BoothEatsBUGS wrote:That's why I have all my lights and watering systems on automatic timers!
Auto watering would be so nice to have. Haven't found an affordable system that fits for me yet.
By Sander
From top to bottom:

Aliciae
new aliciae leaves
old aliciae leaves
my sarrecenia hybrid(dont know which one tho^^)
again, but with growth points and a cut VFT flower stalk
3x the same pot with venusta seedlings, can u spot them?
Indica
Typical VFTs
Closeup of a trap i fed this week (bloodworms)
and finally a Nidiformis seedling.

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!