FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By MichaelGuardian
So i just found out that there are mosquito larvae in the trays of water for my CPs. And i was thinking about using mosquito dunks but im not sure if it will harm the CPs. I know the bacteria in it only harms mosquitos and it is safe for all other "wildlife", but i'm just wondering if anyone has used it before and if they were successful in killing the larvaes.
By KategoricalKarnivore
Just search 'mosquito dunks' and you will see there are a few members that use them successfully.
By Fishman
MichaelGuardian wrote:So i just found out that there are mosquito larvae in the trays of water for my CPs. And i was thinking about using mosquito dunks but im not sure if it will harm the CPs. I know the bacteria in it only harms mosquitos and it is safe for all other "wildlife", but i'm just wondering if anyone has used it before and if they were successful in killing the larvaes.
I use them in my bog garden outside with no issues whatsoever,and it kills any and all larvae swimming around, and the plants are 100% healthy. Hope that helps
Fishman liked this
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!