Location: Atlanta, GA USA Zone 7b
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:41 pm
Over the past year and a half, we have had some great pictures in our monthly photo contest. This month will be a little different. In honor of April's Fool Day, we want to see your worst picture! It can be of a CP disaster, terrible photographic technique, a really bad play on words, anything that you can think of. It just needs to be bad (but tasteful. Keep it PG, please).
Here are the submission rules:
1. It must be your own picture.
2. You can only submit one photo for this contest.
3. Pictures shared in previous contests are not eligible.
4. Minimally edited photos only. No effects, or filters. Cropping is okay.
5. The winner will be the entry with the highest number of thumbs UP (likes) votes.
6. Only votes from members with at least 5 posts will count.
7. This contest is open internationally, although there will be an alternate prizes for international winners.
Up for grabs this month is a Low Giant Venus Flytrap
From The Flytrap Store:
The Low Giant Venus Flytrap clone is a spectacular plant that produces very large traps (rivaling even the B52) with broad leaves that grow prostrate (near the ground) year round in dense rosettes. It often develops a very deep red color in the traps.Thank you again to @Matt and Leah from The Flytrap Store for providing these amazing prizes.
Low Giant is well named. It is a vigorous grower, but the leaves remain low to the ground all during the growing season, unlike most Venus Flytraps that grow more upright during the warmer period of Summer. This prostrate type of growth tends to look neater and more sturdy than the thinner, more upright growth on other Venus Fly Traps. Low Giant is a large plant with extra-large traps. The traps of Low Giant are very large, among the largest of all Venus Flytraps, and the plants can be very colorful.
Here is an example of what you might submit:
Sarracenia alata Night at night Get creative and let us see your worst photos!