FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Sleepy
What should I use to get rid of aphids since I can't seem to get Orthenex where I live and I've tried lady bugs but once the lady bugs all leave it's not long before the aphids come back
By Big-Jack
Can you get Bayer Advanced 3-in-1 ? That works great for killing aphids and mites and doesn't seem to harm the plants at all.

If not you can try submerging the whole pot in a bucket of water for 24 hrs and drowning them. Might have to do this several times over a period of weeks because you'll still have hidden eggs hatching new aphids.
By riveraXVX
making a neem oil based spray (or a pre-mixed spray) should take care of them pretty easily
By Clemmy-Lee
Imadicloprid based products work well on other plants I have grown. Not sure if the fly traps have an issue with it. It is in the Bayer 3 in 1 actually.
By Clemmy-Lee
Also, this information is based on other plants I have grown but you may need a soil drench of the imadicloprid based product to get them in the root zone. If you see any winged aphids then likely this will be the case.
By Sleepy
Thanks for the reply I was able to get some neem oil so hopefully that takes care of them
I thought about submerging them but wasn't sure how you keep everything from floating apart in the pots

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!