FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Eventerminator
I just planted my Capensis seeds yesterday. I planted them in a new soil mix that has propagation sand mixed in. Is there anything special I should do to increase my chance of success? I know it will take quite a long time for them to start germinating. Kinda worried, I can barely see the seeds on top of the soil
By Panman
If they were fresh seed, the only think you will need to do is breathe. They will take care of the rest. ;) Capes are very vigorous and will readily germinate. Keep them damp and in strong light and they will be fine. If you can cover the pot to maintain humidity until they get bigger, that will help. You don't want to cover the pot and leave it in direct sun, however. That will cook everything in it. Ask me how I know? :cry:
By Eventerminator
Panman wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:08 pm If they were fresh seed, the only think you will need to do is breathe. They will take care of the rest. ;) Capes are very vigorous and will readily germinate. Keep them damp and in strong light and they will be fine. If you can cover the pot to maintain humidity until they get bigger, that will help. You don't want to cover the pot and leave it in direct sun, however. That will cook everything in it. Ask me how I know? :cry:
Would 3 month old seeds be considered old? I collected them at the end of autumn as it seemed to like that season the best and gave me tons of seeds!! As for me humidity I've just been spraying the top with water. The relative humidity has been around 50% - 60% and its been a bit sunny for the past couple of days.

I've just been eyeing the weather for any heavy rain that may come. Just in case
By Eventerminator
I've just found out that I made a dire mistake in storing the seeds. I didn't put them in the fridge to maintain vitality and just put them in my cabinet in room temp for 3 months. I quickly put the seeds in my fridge. Hopefully this doesn't affect the germination rate too much.
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!