FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By roarke

A few drosera capensis go to a dewless period. I have bought and put some daphnia on some drosera capensis alba, which the dew is not very big, but they stick to it. They didn't curl around the daphnia after a few hours.
1. The dead dried daphnia must be crushed more or must be moist ? On the plastic envelope they came, doesen't write anything about vitamins added, but i found green bits along daphnia, so i must get rid of the green bits.
2. Why the dead dried daphnia are brown and not more translucent, like the ones that are alive ?
By Sander
roarke wrote:
A few drosera capensis go to a dewless period. I have bought and put some daphnia on some drosera capensis alba, which the dew is not very big, but they stick to it. They didn't curl around the daphnia after a few hours.
1. The dead dried daphnia must be crushed more or must be moist ? On the plastic envelope they came, doesen't write anything about vitamins added, but i found green bits along daphnia, so i must get rid of the green bits.
2. Why the dead dried daphnia are brown and not more translucent, like the ones that are alive ?
The green bits are likely algae.
They are brown because they are dried, so their more compact (all pigment is now closer together)

As for the curling, i do not know, i usually try to make the pieces as small as possible
By coline
For dried food you need to wet it first, I use dried bloodworms and it is great, daphnia should work too as I have success with the live animal on giving it to plants.
coline liked this

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!