FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By thecoolknight11
Just checked, the price indeed went up, before when I bought it the price was exactly 6.49 (not 5 dollars my bad) I would have bought the van from Amazon but there would have been no way I could even use all that in a lifetime so that’s why I just the little package which was way more than enough since it could make 12 gallons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Apollyon
elaineo wrote:The cheapest one I see on ebay is $8.49 for a spoonful. At that price, you might as well buy the full can on Amazon for $26.
Solid extortion. That's up there with "Carnivorous Soil Mix" bags of peat and perlite for 12/gallon bag. But at the end of the day, if people want to go that route then its their prerogative.
By uxleumas
P A U L wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:54 am I don't know... something about buying a tiny bag of powdery thingy...

...ahem.

BUT! I just got word that my SASE for a sample from Apolloyn is on its way back.
maxsea has those little fertilizer beads (from what i've been told) so it might look a little less sus. hope your maxsea hasn't been confinscated :P
By P A U L
beads? do they dissolve? i once crushed a bunch of osmocote pellets/beads/balls/ittybittyorbs and put it into a sprayer... and the shell chunks sometimes got jammed in the...uh..straw? tube? nozzle?
By evenwind
Ummm, my Maxsea is old, so it may have changed color or clotted up more, but it looks like coffee grounds and dissolves completely in water.
PA191328a.JPG
PA191328a.JPG (116.39 KiB) Viewed 3353 times
By Apollyon
P A U L wrote:beads? do they dissolve? i once crushed a bunch of osmocote pellets/beads/balls/ittybittyorbs and put it into a sprayer... and the shell chunks sometimes got jammed in the...uh..straw? tube? nozzle?
Yeah, they dissolve right away. It's a mixture that looks like sand with some semi-transparent beads. The stuff dissolves in seconds, just be sure to shake it up well when you mix it.
Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

Hey all, just got my order in today and figured I'[…]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!