FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By victor
OMG! Like the trap has 10 trigger hairs!
By victor
I think it's like a mutation or somethin.
By jht-union
Matt, i was wondering, you said a trap was opening, and that you were waiting to see if it had the same characteristics of the other trap you took the pic of, but you wanted to make sure it was fully open, i would like to see some pics of this same seedling how is doing now, if it is possible for you to put a pic of it, and if you have time.

Thank you! :)
By Matt
jht-union wrote:Matt, i was wondering, you said a trap was opening, and that you were waiting to see if it had the same characteristics of the other trap you took the pic of, but you wanted to make sure it was fully open, i would like to see some pics of this same seedling how is doing now
It's putting out several new and larger traps now that I've been feeding and foliarly fertilizing it. The one trap that I mentioned the other day has, in fact, opened completely now and does have an extra trigger hair along the margin of the trap on each trap lobe. Another new trap will probably open in a couple of days and it will be the largest one yet.
jht-union wrote:if it is possible for you to put a pic of it, and if you have time.
Not a whole lot has changed with the plant since the other photos I posted, but I'll snap a photo or two of it soon.
By Steve_D
Matt wrote:The one trap that I mentioned the other day has, in fact, opened completely now and does have an extra trigger hair along the margin of the trap on each trap lobe.
FTS "Trigger Happy" :D
By victor
What is FTS "Trippy"??????
By dantt99
We're just making up possible names for this VFT, and I said FTS "Trippy" because this particular plant will trip a lot more than a regular typical :)
By victor
dantt99 wrote:We're just making up possible names for this VFT, and I said FTS "Trippy" because this particular plant will trip a lot more than a regular typical :)
Oh, yeah I like that name.
Repotting carnivorous plants

Looks OK to me. Where did you get you Cobra Lily? […]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!