FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By FoXTro
Alright people pack your plants, and get ready for dormancy! 1 more week before it happens not 100% sure, but it will! So good luck and hope for the best, and next year is another fresh start! Thank you for reading this post, and good luck! Keep it growin'! :D
By KategoricalKarnivore
Haha my VFTs don’t usually go fully dormant until November around here.
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Haha my VFTs don’t usually go fully dormant until November around here.
Yeah same here. It's still getting up to 80 degrees every afternoon.
By bananaman
Dormancy start time depends a lot on both latitude and climate. Somewhere like Illinois, it might make sense for flytraps to start dormancy soon. But here, I get some of my best growth of the year now as they come out of their summer slump.
By FoXTro
Fieldofscreams wrote:Illinois would be about mid November when they would be fully dormant.
Ah, ok. Thanks for that, I needed it.
By tommyr
Mid-late October for me is when they go in the fridge. They are starting to slow down already.
By FoXTro
tommyr wrote:Mid-late October for me is when they go in the fridge. They are starting to slow down already.
Are you growing them outside or inside?
By Huntsmanshorn
FoXTro wrote:Alright people pack your plants, and get ready for dormancy! 1 more week before it happens not 100% sure, but it will! So good luck and hope for the best, and next year is another fresh start! Thank you for reading this post, and good luck! Keep it growin'! :D
I'm a bit over a hundred miles North of you and all my temperate Drosera and Pings have formed hibernacula, my Sarrs have slowed down and all my VFTs are making their winter leaves. The only temperate plant I have that is still trucking along is my Darlingtonia, it's really digging the cooler weather.
By tommyr
FoXTro wrote:
tommyr wrote:Mid-late October for me is when they go in the fridge. They are starting to slow down already.
Are you growing them outside or inside?
Outside of coarse, where they belong! When night temps get around 40F. for a long stretch that's my que to get them in the fridge. By then they look ready for a long winter nap.

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!