Alien VFT

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.
User Avatar
Adrien

 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:13 am
Thanked: 3 times in 2 posts

Alien VFT

by Adrien » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:12 am

I don’t really see a lot of pictures if at all of the “Alien” so I decided to put some here :)
Attachments
EA64C490-E2B9-4CA7-9899-8CEB927C7FE1.jpeg
EA64C490-E2B9-4CA7-9899-8CEB927C7FE1.jpeg (1.76 MiB) Viewed 714 times
3DAA78FE-894C-44E0-96D6-02CA15AA345A.jpeg
3DAA78FE-894C-44E0-96D6-02CA15AA345A.jpeg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 714 times
FF7A3A56-D183-40B0-AE4C-E8F40BF88088.jpeg
FF7A3A56-D183-40B0-AE4C-E8F40BF88088.jpeg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 714 times

User Avatar
Leathal_Traps

 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:27 am
Location: New York City, New York
Thanked: 323 times in 266 posts

Re: Alien VFT

by Leathal_Traps » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:28 am

Nice plant, but be careful. It appears that you have some sort of mite on your VFT. Whether it's a harmful one or a predatory one I don't know, so keep your eyes open for any signs of pest damage.

The following users would like to thank Leathal_Traps for this post
KategoricalKarnivore

User Avatar
SundewWolf

 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 pm
Thanked: 352 times in 319 posts

Re: Alien VFT

by SundewWolf » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:02 pm

Leathal_Traps wrote:Nice plant, but be careful. It appears that you have some sort of mite on your VFT. Whether it's a harmful one or a predatory one I don't know, so keep your eyes open for any signs of pest damage.


Good catch. It looks like they are in the same spot in the first pic and third pic so I would say they are harmful and should be sprayed asap. (The predatory mites are fast moving and do not sit still like that).
plant videos: http://www.youtube.com/liguus

Plants in my collection: post186153.html

User Avatar
kronos1996

 
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:23 pm
Thanked: 57 times in 52 posts

Re: Alien VFT

by kronos1996 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:28 pm

Nice i just got mine from FTS too. Sadly the three plants i got through a European group order struggled fro two seasons and then died. ☹️


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Avatar
Adrien

 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:13 am
Thanked: 3 times in 2 posts

Re: Alien VFT

by Adrien » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:27 am

Leathal_Traps wrote:Nice plant, but be careful. It appears that you have some sort of mite on your VFT. Whether it's a harmful one or a predatory one I don't know, so keep your eyes open for any signs of pest damage.


Yeah I know! They are mealy bugs it was worse but I’m slowly killing them off with alcohol :)

User Avatar
Adrien

 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:13 am
Thanked: 3 times in 2 posts

Re: Alien VFT

by Adrien » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:28 am

kronos1996 wrote:Nice i just got mine from FTS too. Sadly the three plants i got through a European group order struggled fro two seasons and then died. ☹️


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Oh man that sucks!

User Avatar
SundewWolf

 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 pm
Thanked: 352 times in 319 posts

Re: Alien VFT

by SundewWolf » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:36 am

Adrien wrote:They are mealy bugs it was worse but I’m slowly killing them off with alcohol :)


They do not look like any mealy bugs I've ever seen. Probably spider mites. I would buy some miticide and spray the whole thing down periodically. Flytrapstore has the portioned out deal. Once they get to that nesting/web phase and break out the plant declines rapidly.
plant videos: http://www.youtube.com/liguus

Plants in my collection: post186153.html

User Avatar
Adrien

 
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:13 am
Thanked: 3 times in 2 posts

Re: Alien VFT

by Adrien » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:07 am

SundewWolf wrote:
They do not look like any mealy bugs I've ever seen. Probably spider mites. I would buy some miticide and spray the whole thing down periodically. Flytrapstore has the portioned out deal. Once they get to that nesting/web phase and break out the plant declines rapidly.


Oh well idk but it did have mealy bugs but I’ll be sure to spray them with miticide thanks! Do you have any recommended miticide?

User Avatar
SundewWolf

 
Posts: 2136
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 pm
Thanked: 352 times in 319 posts

Re: Alien VFT

by SundewWolf » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:00 am

I think Avid is good (thats the one I got from FTS). Before that I was trying the sprays from the hardware store but they are all usually oil based which was not very effective at killing them.
plant videos: http://www.youtube.com/liguus

Plants in my collection: post186153.html

The following users would like to thank SundewWolf for this post
Adrien


Return to Photos of Venus Fly Traps

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests