FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Deer are super destructive. So sorry to hear that you are having to deal with them. They are a big nuisance here in Ashland, Oregon. Thankfully our backyard is fenced well and they don't normally enter it. But we've had them get in before in years past and they have eaten the flowers off of my Venus flytraps! :evil:

They regularly devastate our front yard too. What a pain!
By sanguinearocks101
People who think that reptilian creatures are trying to take control of the government are crazy. People who think deer are trying to take over the world are smart. Along with people who think birds are robot government spies :D
Hurtrus liked this
By ChefDean
sanguinearocks101 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:53 am People who think that reptilian creatures are trying to take control of the government are crazy. People who think deer are trying to take over the world are smart. Along with people who think birds are robot government spies :D
I, for one, welcome our new deer overlords, and cherish their reptilian enforcers. I will be their faithful and loyal servant.
The birds, however, are my favorite NBE (non biological entities) and I just want to hug them and squeeze them and hold them and pet them and call them George.
By xanthoparmelia
Deer god, that sucks! Time to put your foot down and say "the buck stops here," and really take some preventative measures to protect the bog. Don't worry doe; Flytraps are surprisingly resilient and soon you'll have new plants to fawn over.
ChefDean, sanguinearocks101, Panman and 1 others liked this
By ChefDean
xanthoparmelia wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:54 pm Deer god, that sucks! Time to put your foot down and say "the buck stops here," and really take some preventative measures to protect the bog. Don't worry doe; Flytraps are surprisingly resilient and soon you'll have new plants to fawn over.
Not to horn in on your pun fest, but I see what you did there.
By Carnies
ChefDean wrote:I, for one, welcome our new deer overlords, and cherish their reptilian enforcers. I will be their faithful and loyal servant.
The birds, however, are my favorite NBE (non biological entities) and I just want to hug them and squeeze them and hold them and pet them and call them George.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Overlords and enforcers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Supercazzola liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!