FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By markus13
I found 5 Sarr rhizomes that are medium to large in size for $12.75 on E-bay. Here's the link.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carnivorous-Pla ... 1615wt_958 I just placed an order for 2 (10 rhizomes total) and figured I'd let all of my fellow CP addicts know about this awesome deal. The sale ends on 4/28 so there's not much time left.
By Droseracloner314
Thanks for the heads up, I actually will probably pick that up. I currently have three sarracenia rubras that are small only 4" tall and I was wondering if theses they are selling will get large this summer. It says medium to large plants. Roughly how large would those rhizomes get this summer. Obviously it says unknown types but curious if there is an estimate. I'm a beginner with sarrs. Thanks again ill most likely pick one or two up.
By Goodkoalie
Depends on the species. S. rubra is a smaller plant, mine are only 3 inch tall leaves, but they have flowered this year to. If it is a decumant species or hybrid, then the leaves might only be a few inches long. But the trumpet plants have various leaf height. Here is the order i have seen, smallest first.

S. rubra
S. minor
S. oreophila
S. alata
S. flava
S. leucophylla

This list is not completly accurate becuase the leaf height might vary by form, subspieces, ect. The list is just general.
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!